Tinley Park is a village in the city of Bremen, Illinois, USA, about 30 miles east of Chicago. The village was incorporated in 1892 and renamed Tinley Park, but the influence of the railroad from B Remen led to the decision to change the name to Tinly Park.
The local post office changed its name from Neu Bremen to Tinley Park in 1892, although contemporary newspaper reports suggest that the community did not generally approve of the name. The name first appeared on a map in the early 20th century, marking roughly the proximity of an original settlement in Batchelor Grove.
Although these people were primarily temporary hunters, there is evidence that explorers from Europe began to invade the area in the late 16th and early 17th centuries. However, due to the presence of the Oak Forest Hospital there are not many indications of Native American people in Tinley Park anymore. A recent survey of the land owned by the Oak Forest Hospital has revealed eight large flats that were said to have been occupied in the 1680s.
Early pioneers built a picnic forest known as the Linden Garden on the west side of Tinley Park. Today, it houses the Ameritech and Illinois Bell facilities, and it's little more than a memory. Finally absorbed by Oak Forest Hospital and its sister hospital in Oak Park, Goeselville is now a little more remembered, but it was formerly known in Batchelor [sic].
Indeed, so many Europeans travelled from the port of Bremen to the region that it was an easy decision. After the city government was formed in Cook County in 1850, the two post offices were renamed "B Remen" and "New Bremsen."
As a result, the community was officially named Tinley Park Village, and 34 of 58 citizens voted to incorporate it. In the late 20th century, the village was the centre of a rapid suburban expansion of the area, which extended from the original place of foundation to the south and west. In the 1950s and 1960s, Tinly Park experienced strong economic growth as an industrial and office park along the I-80 corridor and became the headquarters of the World Music Theater. The downtown renovation project is a multi-million dollar project that will create more than 1,000 new homes, offices and retail space for residents and businesses.
The area around the old village of 1892 has been designated a Historic District, where property owners are encouraged to restore and preserve historic buildings and houses for themselves. Within the district, landowners are encouraged to preserve historic buildings and create new, historically friendly facades on otherwise non-historic buildings built over the past 30 years. In the districts, landowners were encouraged not only to preserve and preserve historic buildings, but also to create a new and historically friendly facade on an otherwise "non-historic" building that had been erected within the last 30 years.
For example, the area that includes the original municipal boundaries of 1892 has been designated as a historic district, as have parts of the old village of Tinley Park and the old village.
Illinois became a state in 1818, but the land on Lake Michigan, including Tinley Park, Chicago, and Chicago itself, was under the jurisdiction of a territorial delegate named Nathaniel Pope. In any case, the leaders of New Bremen decided that it was time for the state of Illinois to officially recognize the village as a village, otherwise it would now belong to Wisconsin. On June 27, 1892, settlers met at the Illinois State Capitol in Chicago and voted 34-24 to incorporate the new village into Cook County.
The population of Batchelor Grove began to shrink as settlers moved into the greater economic opportunities offered by the established communities. The new settlers paid $1.25 per hectare to buy the land from real estate agents, many of whom had purchased the land with US-issued land orders to private individuals for military service. These warrants entitle them to land in areas designated as military zones, including northern Illinois. Many individuals who received these warrants, who did not wish to move with their families to an unknown new West to settle in the Eastern States, sold the warrants at a reduced price, multiplying the present value of the warrants per hectare by a price of 25 hectares.
Industry came to Tinley Park when the first factory was built on the south-eastern outskirts of the city in 1904. Many of the new residents commuted to work in downtown Chicago for the Rock Island Railroad, now called Metra Rock - Island District Railroad. People living in Batchelor Grove, three miles north of Bremen, have settled in this new village with immigrants from other regions. This railway called for an increase in the number of railways and the construction of new railway lines and stations.